Homemade, Healthy Organic Spinach and Salmon Cat Treats!
27 January, 2017
If your kitty loves a crunchy treat, then try making these easy and healthy organic cat treats! Made with Salmon, spinach and oats, your kitty will devour them. If you want to include catnip, these treats will make your kitty go crazy and might even help for training purposes! The best part is that you know exactly what ingredients that are going into these treats and, of course, they are super healthy!
The directions are super simple and easy to follow
It’s as simple as steaming (or even just cooking for 20 minutes) and let a blender or food processor do the rest of the work. If your kitty isn’t a fan of salmon, you can substitute tuna or chicken.
Homemade Organic Cat Treats – Easy, Simple, Directions:
1/2 pound steamed or cooked Salmon
1 cup fresh organic spinach leaves
1 cup organic quick-cooking oats
1 organic brown egg
1 tablespoon organic catnip (optional)
1/4 cup flour
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Steam or cook the salmon until cooked all the way through. Let the salmon cool for 25 minutes.
- Place the salmon, oats, spinach leaves, egg, and catnip (optional and yes, it is edible!) in a blender or food processor, and pulse on low until the mixture blends together. It should still be a bit chunky but also smooth.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and add the flour. You can also add a dash of salt to mix up the flavor. Use your hands to knead the dough until it’s no longer sticky, then place on a flour-dusted work surface.
- Form the dough into small dime-sized balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten the balls into discs with your hand or a spoon. You can adjust the size of the treats based on your cat’s size and needs.
- Bake the organic treats for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and flip each one so they brown on both sides. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until they turn a golden brown color.
Cool the treats to room temperature and store in an airtight container or bag. You can even freeze the treats, but why not give them to your kitty as soon as possible. Your kitty will love them and you know they are healthy!
Want to make some homemade dog greats, then see our article on Sweet Potato Treats for your Dogs!